EYST: Ethnic Youth Support Team
"Organisation which supports BME young people and their families including refugees & asylum seekers"
Ethnic Youth Support Team was set up in 2005 by a group of ethnic minority young people in Swansea. It aimed to fill a gap in provision for young BME people aged 11-25 by providing a targeted, culturally sensitive and holistic support service to meet their needs. EYST has since gone from strength to strength, and now employs a team of 15 staff, and thanks to funding from a wide range of funders is able to deliver a range of services from education, employment & health to personal and community safety. Volunteering project. Family Link. Bridging Cultures. Asylum Seeker and Refugee Support. BME Voice Project. My Space Project. Think Project.
- Advice, Guidance and Support for Asylum Seekers
- Case work support for Refugees
- Volunteers to offer interpretation, job-search support, advice and guidance.
- Access to Computers for Job-search, Benefits Registration, etc.
- Referral to external agencies; Migrant Help, Asylum Justice etc.
SA1 4AB Swansea, United Kingdom